Sunday, June 24, 2007

The world should stop for one day........

I am really new to the Blogging world , But you know so many have brightened my days with things I've read and people who comment back to me or just chit chat back and forth at their blogs....
30 years ago I lost my first child to SIDS , he was 1 month 28 days old , I cant tell you how bad that feeling was or how I thought I would die . I got through that moment in time and went on to have 4 more Children . I also got married a second time and life was good for me finally. 3 years ago I got the visit I wouldn't wish on anyone , a Florida State Trooper came to my house and told me that my Son Bryan had been in a car accident and died instantly , He had Dale Earnhardt type injuries.... My life again had left me with a feeling that I had been forsaken and that I would indeed never recover from this but I did. While I did have family and some friends, My Husband and I were on our own to deal with this tragedy and the costs of what dieing costs these days ....
It was really hard on us and in some ways we have never recovered.... he had no life insurance as So we had to cover the costs , of course my ex Husband is a total jerk and never offered a cent.
OH well this isn't about me even though most times it is .... (tiny smile)
One of our Blogger brethren has lost something , Something he will not regain..... Thursday his 5 years old Son passed away in a swimming accident.
This greatly saddened me as I have given 2 of my Children and I understand what he's going through. We can help him and his family , even if its just in our prayers and of course a little money. Adam Avitable and a few others have set up a place where you can buy a graphic like the one I have here:

It only costs 5 small dollars and that alone may help this Family with things that some of you can't imagine you need when something like this happens . Go over to avitables and also then go to a pile of dog bones and leave a message of feelings.....
I know many of you don't have it and don't feel bad , I gave some I didn't have but you know , I think that: what we sew, we reap , It may not happen today and it may not happen tomorrow but some time in life it WILL come back to you....
I just know what this poor man and his Family are going through and trust me its something you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy...
with that I bid you peace and goodwill....
Sugar Queen

4 comments:

Avitable said...

Thank you for posting this. You truly know how devastated he is, while most of us can only try to guess at the horror.

Anonymous said...

As Avitable said, thank you... you're proof that the human spirit can and will survive the worst... and that's a great and wonderful message.

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing your story. My mom also lost her first child to SIDS. It was a struggle for her as well, but I'd like to say she did alright raising the rest of us... ;)

Jackie said...

Oh my hun I had not read this post. I have never lost a child...so I can't even begin to comprehend how awful an experience it is. I most like;lly would not have survived myself. You truly are quite an inspiration. I can only say that I do know how very much I love my children...and I will always and ever keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Oh Can you email me the link to The World should Stop Now? My stupid puter is acting up and won't open up the link. I am very interested in the project. Also please check my site out a little later this afternoon...pretty please? I have 1 more post to complete today...but, it will take me a while, and, we have storms moving in. Hugs~Jackie