- The condition of being free of restraints.
- Liberty of the person from slavery, detention, or oppression.
- Political independence.
- Exemption from the arbitrary exercise of authority in the performance of a specific action; civil liberty: freedom of assembly.
- Exemption from an unpleasant or onerous condition: freedom from want.
- The capacity to exercise choice; free will: We have the freedom to do as we please all afternoon.
- Ease or facility of movement: loose sports clothing, giving the wearer freedom.
- Frankness or boldness; lack of modesty or reserve: the new freedom in movies and novels.
- The right to unrestricted use; full access: was given the freedom of their research facilities.
- The right of enjoying all of the privileges of membership or citizenship: the freedom of the city.
- A right or the power to engage in certain actions without control or interference: “the seductive freedoms and excesses of the picaresque form” (John W. Aldridge).
- A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.
- The period of such conflict.
- The techniques and procedures of war; military science.
- A condition of active antagonism or contention: a war of words; a price war.
- A concerted effort or campaign to combat or put an end to something considered injurious: the war against acid rain.
War isn't an easy subject for us to think or talk about . We all share our own opinions. I think it for some this is a bitter subject because they have family members & friends serving . Some of us just cant bear the thought of it and some even lay down their lives to protest it.
I come from a long Family line of Men and Women who have and do serve our Country. There have been some of us ,Who protested serving in the military.
Some are very serious about their opinions and will fight to the core of evil to voice them....
I Will not say that I think war is good or just in all circumstances , That would be untruthful . I do think that in some certain spaces of time in our Countries History,Certain Wars were a necessity and had to be fought.
I will say this : If it were not for the bravery and pride of some ,who gave all , This great Country we live in would not be such a nice place to live. I look at different Countries around the world and see children fighting. I see bombs blasting right in their front yards. I see the pain they endure and say to myself .... Thank you whoever you are , Thank you for my freedom....
I found this video at You Tube and I thought it some times sad but a great way of saying "Thank you" to, All who gave some and Some who gave all.......
Thank You, to all who continue to serve ,I commend you on a job well done.....
If you would like to read some really powerful words go visit my Friend Jackie over at Moon Danzer delivers
And also at The Painted Veil , She has 2 very good reading Blogs that I think you will appreciate ...
" Life is too short to sweat the small stuff , worry only over what you can change and let go of what you can't. "
Jackie , this ones for you my Dear Friend, Thank You, to your Son In Law Bill, from Me and Mine.......