Monday, October 29, 2007

I am self-actualized.....



Integrity is a characteristic that belongs to people who are self-actualized. Knowing oneself heightens a person's integrity. According to Abraham Maslow, having integrity can take a very long time to reach and is very hard to obtain. It's at the top of Maslow's pyramid. Before reaching self-actualization and having integrity, you have to first have needs like food and water, love and care from friends and family, and especially self-confidence. It's the basing of one's actions on an internally consistent framework of principles. Depth of principles and adherence of each level to the next are key determining factors. One is said to have integrity to the extent that everything they do and believe is based on the same core set of values. While those values may change, it is their consistency with each other and with the person's actions that determine their integrity. The concept of integrity is directly linked to responsibility in that implementation spawning from principles is designed with a specific outcome in mind. When the action fails to achieve the desired effect, a change of principles is indicated. Accountability is achieved when a faulty principle is identified and changed to produce a more useful action.

I received the Award from Shinade at "The Painted Veil". The award is from the Blog, Aussie Cynic . She created it and from looking around on several of her blogs I can understand how she came up with it, It takes one to know one, as they say.
This award is really one that I am proud to say I have been given. The meaning of the word Integrity, tells a story about the persons character, I believe that it's a huge honor to be called "A Blogger with Integrity" So many times these days, people say things which show they are not being responsible, They are not wrought with principles, I take pride in the fact that I am true to myself and I stand up for what I believe in and will take responsibility for my words and actions.....
So all in all, I would like to thank Shinade for this award. I will, at a later date, award others with this award. I think handing out this award with it's name should be something one gives great thought to.
Hugs Jackie, Happy Trails to you and Walter....
Peace!
Oh yes:

2 comments:

70steen said...

you have integrity by the bucket load dear Sugar Queen ... an award well placed in my book :-)

Jackie said...

Hun...if there is any blogger out here who tops you with integrity...I don't know them. You are simply the best!!