Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gifts to the poor....


Do you consider yourself wealthy, poor or perhaps comfortable? What do you use as a tool to judge that upon? Do you give a little or a lot of your Christmas back to the community you live in?
I, in years past thought of myself as poor, you know poor me, that kind of poor. This year I have to say I am wealthy beyond my wildest dreams, No, I don't mean rich with money to burn. I think of myself wealthy because of my friendships, my family and my ability to give to people less fortunate than me. This year I took 2 families names from the Angel tree at my place of worship and decided that I could give them a little food, some clothes and some toys for the Children, mostly I wanted to give them the Christmas Spirit that I have been blessed this year with. I donated around ---.-- to this cause.... It isn't the dollar figure that counts to me, although my sweet Husband did count the $ leaving his pocket, LOL, God Bless Georg and his frugal nature..... I bought each family a ham, I bought all the stuff to go with it to make a dinner that they could also have left overs with. I made home made cookies and candies so that they felt that homemade love. I took toys and diapers and even some blankets I found on sale at the store I was, when the first miracle happened.I also found clothes for each of the kids there, I decided that the Families needed a reason to remember the Christ in Christmas and so I bought each family a small Nativity set. This did cost money, but I am really not worried about that. I like Joy, I like giving and I like knowing that for at least the few I could help, are going to have it a bit easier. I hope that my actions will help them find a reason to keep the Christmas spirit in their hearts, always.....
The local salvation army likes the giver to remain anonymous when giving and that works for most, but I like to check up on how the family is after Christmas, so I go through a different method when selecting my families..... So after Christmas this year I will be following the Families I helped, I would like to make sure the kids don't miss out on books, paper, pencils, you know the things they need for School, I would like to know if they face crisis like, lack of clean clothes and loosing their electric , or even having the food every day, that I can either help or even point them in the right direction for help. I'm not rich by any means, BUT I know I can help in ways that maybe others wont.
What I'm asking YOU though, Is can YOU help.... Can you find a family to help through the year?
Can you give of your time, your wealth, your heart?
Please do, I promise you that you will find the most amazing joy from it, It may keep Christmas in your heart through the year not just in December........
Join Christy Z and spread the epidemic of " a random act of kindness" one act at a time.....
Yes she is running a contest, But I do this every year, not just because of a prize,which in truth I would give back to my community if I won......
I would like to wish each of you the joyful feeling of giving......
Peace and.....
Merry Christmas.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sugar, you are such a beautiful woman. I wish we were neighbors or knew wach other outsid eof blogging. I'd like to hang out wiht you. :-)

Please accept this very special award. It is the Polliwog Award. You are the 4th person to evr recieve it. I giv eit out sparingly when I am really inspired or touched by someone. The polliwog is a symbol of transformation, and you are transforming others lives with your big heart.

The badge is here:
http://www.polliwogspond.com/images/polliwogaward.png

Sugarqueensdream said...

Dearest Polli, I thank you for your kind nature and your sweet gift to me. I am honored to place this on my site....
Peace

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Sweet Judy - I don't have an award for you, so how about a BIG FAT HUG?! {{{HUGGGG!}}}
I'm so glad you're feeling better!
Mmmmm-waa! XOXOXO

Sugarqueensdream said...

My sweet friend Olga, I relish in calling you my friend. I don't need awards, What I need, is friends... I need love and happiness just like all of us. I am proud to know you and I am proud to say you are my friend....
Random acts of kindness is something each of us have felt and also done.
Merry Christmas sweet one....
Judy

Diva said...

Good morning and an early Merry Christmas to ya! I too will be AWOL for a week or so...

In regards to the lack of support on good tidings and charity type blogs... I think it makes people look within themselves, maybe some feel good about where they are, maybe some don't.

Your blog always gives me warm feelings inside and food for thought. I appreciate each post and hope that you begin to feel better not only physically, but emotionally as well.

You are a beautiful and blessed lady, and I am so glad to have met you this year.

Peace, love and joy to you and all of your family.

Sugarqueensdream said...

Diva, Thank you and merry Christmas late as usual! LOL