Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sugar Substitutes, The good, the bad and the same ole same ole.....

First of all I'm sorry to Fuel My Blog and the Steviva people for this being delayed so long, My Dear Mother in Law is very ill. She has 4 Brain tumors and possible lung Cancer. My heart breaks as I write this. So you see I had honestly forgot about this review until I got a email asking about it.
So now....... I bring you Steviva

I have to say, I still think most sugar substitutes are in the same playing field these days and I think the difference in them; is the opinion that the individual shares about them.
I agreed to write this review; I was NOT paid to do it, I give this opinion freely......
I have Type 2 Sugar Diabetes as many of you know (I gripe about my health enough that everyone should know) Any who, I'm always on the look out for a substitute for sugar, butter anything that will help keep my numbers in the right place. I'm often let down as I haven't found anything that really taste like sugar, that isn't cane sugar. I can say the same about butter and margarine- real is real and they just try to hard to make it seem like the real thing.
So when the Steviva products arrived, I held the same old feelings that this would be another let down. But let me tell you, I really enjoyed the granulated product (Fructevia). It tastes most like sugar and as I rolled it around on my tongue I thought of sugar. Now I will NOT tell you that the Stevia Powder tasted good, because it did NOT! As a matter of fact the first thing that happens when you open the bottle is a wave of powder that sticks to your throat and lungs like a lining of something nasty and unforgettable. I have to say that this isn't the first time that has happened to me when using a powdered form of a sugar substitute, I'm sure part of that comes from the fact that the Stevia Powder has NO fillers in it so it's just the raw sweetener, which is by the way 100% pure it says. I think the best part about the Steviva Powder was the nifty little scoop that came in the bottle! I guess I would say that I will use the Fructevia but, I will not buy or use the Steviva powder- I just did not like the aftertaste or the feeling I got from that stuff!
An after thought here: I read the back of the Steviva Powder bottle and was impressed to find that Stevia is concerned about our environment, GO Steviva!!
If you would like to know more about Steviva take a look here
They say that the Stevia Herb is sweeter than sugar. Trust me it is!









Life is so full of twists and turns and unexpected trials.... face them head on, live life to its fullest and never look back. Hugs, Sugar

3 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Very sorry to hear about the Mum-in-Law Sugar ..... thinking of you and *hugs* all round.

Bobby Revell said...

Hey Judy, I am truly sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I lost my day to cancer and know all about it. Anyway, I haven't been into blogging much in several months (just a little) but I had to stop by to wish you and your family well:)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....