Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13TH......

I really don't know what to say today except I'm tired, I hurt, my right hand hurts so much I don't trust it not to drop stuff today..... I have been going like a mad woman for 4 days now this being the 5TH. I still don't see the end in sight. My Son William stayed home from work today to help me.... My lazy Daughter Jessica has managed to find all kinds of excuses not to come here, I am disappointed in her. I guess it isn't her responsibility to help so, I guess I can't be to hard on her. I did think she would at least come keep me company while I pack and She sleeps gives me moral support. She always has been the type that will set back and wait for you to beg... the nerve of some offspring. OK so I did just have a smirk smile on my face when I wrote that. Jesse is the sleeping Child of mine, She will sleep for 23 of the 24 hours in a day if you will let her.....
OK, so as I was saying I am tired, I hurt, I wish I could crawl under a rock until I die this move is over. As thats not likely to happen I will survive. I just have to work out the kinks this morning....
That alone may take me a few hours.
I was going through the crap stuff in my closet, I decided that I am an addict... No, really I am, I have boxes in my closet that have been there since I moved here, That wouldn't be so bad except they are full of clothing and papers, junk, old fabric, hard hats, broken stuff, you name it I've got it. I just sat there yesterday and banged my head against the wall thought what an addict I am ,I keep things just to keep them. No reason or rhyme I just stuff it in a box and it sits there until I HAVE to look at it. well not anymore, I am making a pact with myself, I will not keep any paper older than 7 years old. I will throw all trash and broken stuff away. I will get rid of stuff I really don't need. I am going to have the biggest trash pile yard sale you've ever saw in about 2 months.
Oh well I guess I can't be too hard on myself I am after all human. We like stuff, we collect little trinkets, we keep things that don't make sense but its all for reasons we our self understand. I think in ways no one but me understands, I have to keep that odd ball light bulb because I may decide to paint on it someday. I also keep every nut, bolt and nail ever invented since day one...... I keep old clothes that are full of holes or stains for some reason I can't explain even to me, LOL.....
I just think that ridding ourselves of our junk-crap-trash treasured things makes us feel naked and we don't want to walk around without clothing... So we keep every little thing and in hopes of finding a use for it it makes us feel good, well until we have the mass of things I have. My Husband finally has decided we have to clean out the junk in our garage and to get rid of the huge pile of shit we have 6 Christmas trees,even though I now have plenty of rooms to put a tree in every room, the bin of burnt out twinkle lights, the box of "oops it broke" ornaments, the 100 or so baseball caps,the just plain junk we keep. we also have his Dads wood chipper, 2 Kerosene heaters(we have electric heat so why do we keep these),the 15 shovels,I could go on and on here but I'm sure you get the message, I know I do!
I know that this may seem like useless dribble here but in lots of ways it helps me to finally understand why I have to STOP saying yes to people when they want to use my garage as their personal storage unit, why I have to force myself to learn to throw stuff away,don't shove it in a box and hope it will go away
to just learn that I can't give everything a home......
OK so thats my post for today. I probably wont be back until Wednesday of next week. My cable/phone doesn't get turned on until Tuesday . So I will be missing you ..... But I'll be back!
Peace!

6 comments:

MoonDanzer said...

Ahhhh...hun, I am so sorry to hear how very tired you are. and, I know you are I can just feel it. And, don't feel alone...where kids are concerned...they all seem to do their own thing...but, boy oh boy...you better be johnny on he spot when they need you. Did you get the movie? I haven't heard from you in a bit...so was wondering. I hope you have a good week-end!:)

Crazed Nitwit said...

I think we were seperated at birth. I know I have boxes in my storage that have the same crap on them and I haven't missed any of them for over 7 years!

Give yourself a break, go get a pedicure or something!

HUGS!!

darlene said...

i remember how moving is, and have avoided it ever since, however sometimes would like too, i just can't see myself doing it specially with all 7 cats, ....it will be way worth it for you, try and think of that, to get ya through , your in my thoughts!!

Day Dreamer said...

Wow...busy lady! I hope it all ends wonderfully!

I hate moving. But in about three months...I'll be right here. I must start throwing away schtuff NOW, right?

I do the same. I have old magazines that I wont get rid of, bills in boxes, I have lived in this rent house for two and a half years and have a workshop FULL of boxes of nick nacks and furniture that I put away when I moved in here thinking that I'd only be living in this house for six months...do I need them at this point? After two years of not missing them? Who knows!

Good luck to you! Sounds like you need your OWN peace this time around! So...Peace!

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I relate to the collecting of "treasured things" I do have one small tote of letters / high school yearbooks and some photos, but that's it. Anything other than that and I thing about the last time I used my found object - if it's been more than x number of months/years then off it goes to goodwill. I do have a friend that I need to direct to this post though! :p She has this "bag of tricks" that she keeps interesting yet mostly useless objects. I asked her if she has ever used anything from her bag thinking that the answer would be no and I could proudly exclaim, "AH HA!" But no, my unusually happy/bouncy friend proudly said, "Well yes, actually I have. Three times." I really hate when she proves me wrong. :P

Anonymous said...

Tag. Fracas tagged me, I'm tagging you.