Thursday, September 20, 2007

Life has its ups and downs.....

Well last night I was having some troubles with my right leg, It hurt and hurt good,well bad, not good but , Oh well you know what I'm talking about. I woke up hourly las tnight and as I do this regularly I didn't give it much thought. This morn I got up at 5 AM and got ready for work. While this was happening I over extended my leg and it hurt a little more than usual but I went in anyway. As you have read I am aiming high at the job and trying to get Assistant Manager,Well as I said I went ahead and went to work. Every thing was going pretty good, We work at a fast pace in the morning and I was running around like a mad woman but was keeping up. I slid a little on some grease and hyper extended my knee again, this time it was not something I could take a deep breath and go on. I could NOT put my weight on my leg, That is NOT a good thing when you walk all day, add cooking and your in big trouble! I was in agony and the only thing I could do was go to the emergency room. I called my Husband, who was less than thrilled to hear this, I had been putting this pain in my leg off for quite awhile and he has told me over and over to have it checked out, I for some reason didn't take the time and the money to go to the Doctors. Well He came and I went to the Hospital and of course they did X-rays and Said I have no broken bones but they say a strain, This doesn't feel like a strain it feels like my leg is broke in half!
I am off work for at least 7 days and maybe more depending on what the Orthopedic says.
Now I may indeed lose my job over this and that kills me, I love my Job but they are not gonna wait on a person they have had employed for a little less than 2 months, period! So here I am at home, in bed,pain pills, a lap top and my Coke with lots of ice :-)
I am NOT happy about this BUT I will survive....
Think of me as I will you....
Peace

2 comments:

EllorionsAngel said...

Damn Momma!

This is not good! Sorry to hear about this. Well I am home so if you want to call call me. it's 8:28 pm on Thursday. I love you!
XOXO

Feel Better Soon.

Sheila said...

You can't be fired if you're on medical leave due to an injury on the job. Its illegal.